BIT Charles and Edna Neumann Scholars Program
The BIT Charles and Edna Neumann Scholars Program offers FCBE students that are considering BIT/MIS as their major (or as a minor) an opportunity to learn about the BIT/Management Information Systems (MIS) profession and the diverse career opportunities that exist in the field before applying for advanced standing.
The benefits of participating in the BIT Charles and Edna Nuemann Scholars Program include:
• Invitations to social gatherings with BIT faculty and distinguished FCBE guests, such as the BIT Advisory Board meetings
• Membership to Association of Management Information Systems (AMIS) student organization
• Participation in real-world IT experiences of the Technology Careers in Business (TCB) program
• Invitations to networking with business professionals, faculty, and students, such as attending meetings of the Association for
Management Information Systems (AMIS) student organization
• Opportunities to apply for BIT/MIS-related internships
• Access to the people and activities that will let students build a stronger professional resume
Students will be required to participate in at least two BIT Neumann Scholar activities each semester to maintain status as a BIT Neumann Scholar, thus students will need to:
1. Attend at least one BIT Advisory Board meeting
2. Attend at least one AMIS Meeting
Recipients shall be enrolled at the University of Memphis and shall be selected in accordance with the following process and criteria:
1. The student must be registered and in good academic standing during the term the award is received.
2. Preference will be given for applicants who are: Non-traditional student status, 1st in family, 1st generation, and/or single parents.
3. Provide Faculty recommendation.
4. Provide a one-page reflection paper about how technology has influenced the person’s life for the better.
5. Selection is competitive and will be based on the information submitted on the BIT Charles and Edna Neumann Scholars Program
Application form in Tiger Scholarship Manager.