Bill A. Simco Ecological Research Center Grant-in-Aid of Research Fund (College of Arts and Sciences)
One or more awards in the amount of $500 to be offered annually to support graduate student research. Awards will be made in support of any aspect of research related to ecology. Only graduate students currently enrolled in a degree-seeking program in the Department of Biology at the UOM may apply. Applicants are eligible to receive a total of two Grants-in-Aid of Research from the Ecological Research Center. An applicant seeking support for a new project or a continuation of a previously supported project must submit a new application. Each applicant is evaluated independently. To receive additional funding, the applicant must have submitted a completed report of their previous research funded by the ERC.
1. Awards will be made from funds provided by donors.
2. A panel of up to five individuals will select successful candidates. The Director of Ecological Research Center will serve as Chair of the panel and assemble others to assist in the selection process.
3. Research grants may be used to support scientific investigation in any field of study related to ecology.
4. Funding may be used for purchase of specific equipment, supplies, travel, or other items related to ecology.
5. Salaries will not be supported by this Grant-in-Aid.
6. Applications must include a letter of reference from a faculty member knowledgeable of the research project, a description of the proposed research, including pertinent references, and a budget indicating
how the funds will be used.
7. Grant amounts will be for $500, and are to be used at the discretion of the awardees.