Alumni (Alumni Association)
The scholarship shall be available to any first time, incoming freshman who has a parent or grand-parent (family member) who is a dues-paying member of the University of Memphis Alumni Association. The deadline for the family to have joined the Alumni Association as a dues-paying member shall be anytime during the calendar year prior to the student’s application for the scholarship. Scholarship is renewable without application, contingent upon student maintaining a 2.5 cumulative gpa for first two semesters and 3.0 each subsequent semester, making satisfactory progress towards a degree at the University of Memphis, and maintaining full-time status. Student must be enrolled in Fall immediately following high school graduation. Selection committee shall consider scholarship and leadership in making its selection. Recipients who apply for financial aid will have the amount of the award considered when calculating the total amount of aid student is eligible for.
- Supplemental Questions
- Are one or more of your parents a dues-paying member of the University of Memphis Alumni Association?
- Alumni Scholarship Family Member Information
- Please list the full name and relationship to the family member who is a dues-paying member of the UofM Alumni Association
- Please list this family member's date of birth.
- Please upload your resume.
- Please provide a personal statement as to why you are applying for this scholarship. Include any pertinent information about financial need, your family situation, and any other special information we should consider. Additionally, provide a list of all applicable extracurricular activities you feel should be considered. Ensure you include involvement with on and off campus organizations which have helped your personal and professional growth.