Ordman Scholars (College of Education)
This award(s) shall be given to:
a. Undergraduate or graduate students who have declared an intent to teach in public schools.
Preference will be given to students planning to teach in early childhood programs or elementary schools, including those planning to teach health and physical education.
b. Secondary consideration will be given to students planning to teach music, art, or in the middle or secondary levels in public schools.
c. Students who have already completed a semester of college must have a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 2.5 and a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.0.
d. The goal of the scholarship is to recruit and educate teachers who can serve as exemplars and role models for the typical students in primary schools in Memphis.
e. Current recipients may continue to receive the scholarship each semester until they have completed the program, provided they continue to meet criteria a-c and have no professional dispositional issues.
- Supplemental Questions
- Have you declared an intent to teach in public schools?
- If you have completed at least one semester of college as an undergraduate, is your cum GPA at least a 2.5?
- If you have completed at least one semester of graduate school, is your cumulative graduate GPA at least a 3.0?
- Submit an essay outlining your plans to teach in early childhood programs, elementary, middle or secondary schools, and what subjects you would like to teach.
- Have you received this scholarship in the past?