Undergraduate International Merit Scholarship - Spring 2024 and Fall 2024
Undergraduate International Merit Scholarship – Spring 2024 and Fall 2024
Spring 2024 December 31, 2023
Fall 2024 July 31, 2024
The University of Memphis selectively awards competitive merit-based scholarships for newly admitted degree-seeking international graduate students on a J-1 or F-1 visa. We value scholarly achievement in our campus community. The Undergraduate International Merit Scholarship supports the best and brightest international students who join our cutting-edge programs let by our world-renowned faculty. All scholarships are awarded for the academic year (fall and spring semesters only).
Undergraduate Students must meet at least one of the following criteria eligibility requirements as an incoming undergraduate:
- 25 ACT or 1200 SAT equivalent
- 3.25 U.S.A. equivalent cumulative High School GPA as determined by a credential evaluation agency (www.naces.org). SpanTran is our recommended international transcript evaluation service. They have created a custom application for University of Memphis Graduate School that will help you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate. You can access their application here: SpanTran Application – University of Memphis
Award amounts vary and cover the difference in cost of international and domestic non-Tennessee resident tuition rates. This scholarship cannot be combined with any other institutional scholarship that cover tuition and fees.
- This scholarship is a four-year (eight semesters) renewable scholarship requiring recipients to take a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.Undergraduate students must be continuously enrolled each fall and spring semester to maintain scholarship eligibility. Additionally, undergraduate students must earn a 2.75 UofM GPA or higher in the first two semesters and a 3.0 UofM GPA or higher for subsequent semesters.
- All scholarships are awarded for the academic year (fall and spring semesters only).
Awarding and Future Eligibility :
- Award amount will be updated 48-72 hours after course registration
- Award amounts are updated on a semester basis
- All students are evaluated at the end of spring for future eligibility
- Dual citizens and/or permanent residents are not eligible for this scholarship. The Undergraduate International Merit Scholarship is for entering first-time applicants only. Continuing or currently enrolled students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Student-athletes are subject to NCAA compliance.