Graduate International Merit Scholarship - Fall 2024
Graduate International Merit Scholarship – Spring 2024 and Fall 2024
Spring 2024 December 31, 2023
Fall 2024 July 31, 2024
The University of Memphis selectively awards competitive merit-based scholarships for newly admitted degree-seeking international graduate students on a J-1 or F-1 visa. We value scholarly achievement in our campus community. The Graduate International Merit Scholarship supports the best and brightest international students who join our cutting-edge programs let by our world-renowned faculty. All scholarships are awarded for the academic year (fall and spring semesters only).
Graduate Students must meet at least one of the following criteria eligibility requirements as an incoming undergraduate:
- 310 GRE with at least 150 in GRE Verbal AND 150 in GRE Quantitative AND 2.5 AWA or equivalent GMAT scores.
- 3.25 U.S.A. equivalent cumulative undergraduate degree GPA as determined by a credential evaluation agency (www.naces.org) or relevant masters degree from an accredited and approved institution. SpanTran and IEE are our recommended international transcript evaluation services. They have created a custom application for University of Memphis Graduate School that will help you select the right kind of evaluation at a discounted rate. You can access their application here: SpanTran Application – University of Memphis or IEE – University of Memphis Application
Award amounts vary and cover the difference in cost of international and domestic non-Tennessee resident tuition rates. This scholarship cannot be combined with any other institutional scholarship that support tuition and fees.
- Graduate students must be continuously enrolled in full-time credit hours each fall and spring semester to maintain scholarship eligibility. Additionally, graduate students must earn a 3.0 UofM GPA or higher every semester.
- All scholarships are awarded for the academic year (fall and spring semesters only).
Awarding and Future eligibility :
- Award amount will be updated 48-72 hours after course registration
- Award amounts are updated on a semester basis
- All students are evaluated at the end of spring for future eligibility
- Dual citizens and/or permanent residents are not eligible for this scholarship. The Graduate International Merit Scholarship is for entering first-time applicants only. Continuing or currently enrolled students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Student-athletes are subject to NCAA compliance.