Education That Works Scholars Program
The recipients of this scholarship shall be enrolled at the University of Memphis and shall be selected in accordance with the following process and criteria:
1. Students must have the Tennessee HOPE Scholarship and retain the scholarship.
2. First preference will be given to students who attended one of the Jubilee Catholic Schools in Memphis, TN and are a graduate of Memphis Catholic High School.
3. Preference will be given to students with financial need as demonstrated by documentation to be determined by the University of Memphis.
4. Preference will be given to first generation students.
5. Preference will be given to students who have demonstrated service and leadership in a written personal statement.
6. Preference will be given to students majoring in disciplines within the Fogelman College of Business and Economics or the College of Education, Health, and Human Sciences.
Scholarship recipients must:
1. Live on campus during their freshmen and sophomore years. Students may live off campus during their junior and senior years with a stipend provided for expenses. Stipend amounts for residence halls, meal plans, and off-campus housing will be determined each year by the selection committee. Scholarship recipients will be notified of these amounts in advance of choosing housing and meal plan options.
2. Participate in one of the leadership programs at the University of Memphis.
3. Respond to inquiries by the Directors of Development in the College of Education, Health and Human Sciences and the Fogelman College of Business and Economics regarding academic status and the participation in leadership programs required to maintain scholarship eligibility. Scholars are required to participate in mentoring sessions organized by the Directors of Development which will be held as requested by the donor.
- Supplemental Questions
- Will you be a recipient of the Tennessee HOPE Scholarship?
- Will you be a graduate of Memphis Catholic High School?
- Please upload your recent tax return.
- Are you a first generation college student?
- Please provide a personal statement as to why you are applying for this scholarship. Include any pertinent information about financial need, your family situation, and any other special information we should consider. Additionally, provide a list of all applicable extracurricular activities you feel should be considered. Ensure you include involvement with on and off campus organizations which have helped your personal and professional growth.
- Please upload your resume.
- Show 1 more