Federal Court Bench and Bar Scholarship (Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law)
Recipient must demonstrate financial need in accordance with the usual standards of the law school. Award available for any year law student.
1. Shall be in good academic standing.
2. Recipient must be a current resident of the Middle District of TN who either graduated from a high school in, or resided for the previous three years as a non-fulltime student in, one of the following TN counties: Cannon, Cheatham, Clay, Cumberland, Davidson, DeKalb, Dickson, Fentress, Giles, Hickman, Houston, Humphreys, Jackson, Lawrence, Lewis, Macon, Marshall, Maury, Montgomery, Overton, Pickett, Putnam, Robertson, Rutherford, Smith, Stewart, Sumner, Trousdale, Wayne, White, Williamson, or Wilson. See 28 U.S.C. 123 (b). A law student does not become ineligible merely by moving from the Middle District to the Eastern/Western District of TN to attend law school.
3. Shall be awarded exclusively for law school tuition and may be awarded to multiple recipients in varying amounts.
- Supplemental Questions
- Please upload your resume.
- Please provide a brief description (not to exceed 500 words) of your legal career goals and any legal experiences both paid and volunteered that you have had to date. If you have not had any specific legal experiences, please be sure to discuss your interests as well as your short and long term goals. Please provide information on how you are financing your legal education and describe any economic disadvantages you face. Please list which Middle Tennessee county that you list as your permanent residence.