RNs LEAD - Nursing Workforce Diversity Scholarship (Loewenberg College of Nursing)
The Loewenberg College of Nursing (LCON) is able to offer scholarships for nursing students interested in rural eldercare with funds provided through the Health Resources and Services Administration’s (HRSA) Nursing Workforce Diversity – Eldercare Enhancement (NWD-E2) Program. LCON’s Rural Nurses Leading Eldercare Advancement through Diversity (RNs LEAD) project is designed to prepare competent undergraduate nursing students from diverse backgrounds to address health disparities related to access and care delivery for elderly populations in rural and underserved areas of West Tennessee.
Applicants must meet the following criteria for eligibility:
(1) Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment in an accredited nursing program (full-time or part-time); and
(2) Be a citizen of the United States, a non-citizen national of the United States, or a foreign national who possesses a visa permitting permanent residence in the United States. Individuals on temporary or student visas are not eligible participants and may not receive NWD-E2 grant support.
Priority will be given to eligible applicants that (a) meet guidelines for disadvantaged students; (b) identify as an underrepresented racial/ethnic minority; © maintain a permanent residence in the geographic target area including Benton, Carroll, Chester, Decatur, Dyer, Gibson, Hardeman, Hardin, Haywood, Henderson, Henry, Lake, Lauderdale, Madison, McNairy, Obion, Tipton and Weakley counties; and (d) express a strong interest in geriatric nursing.
Award Amount: The amount of a scholarship may not exceed a recipient???s cost of tuition expenses, other reasonable educational expenses and reasonable living expenses incurred in attendance at the health professions or nursing school. The maximum award for scholarship (tuition & books) plus living stipend is $8,000 per semester for full-time BSN students and $5,200 for full-time RN-BSN students.
Recipient must be enrolled at the University of Memphis Loewenberg College of Nursing as:
1. A student working towards a BSN degree, or
2. working towards an RN-BSN degree as a Full-Time student, or
3. working towards an RN-BSN degree as a Part-Time student. Part-time enrollment is equivalent to a minimum of six (6) credit hours each semester.
- Supplemental Questions
- Standard Question
- Please provide a personal statement as to why you are applying for this scholarship. Include any pertinent information about financial need, your family situation, and any other special information we should consider. Additionally, provide a list of all applicable extracurricular activities you feel should be considered. Ensure you include involvement with on and off campus organizations which have helped your personal and professional growth.
- Please upload your resume.
- Are you enrolled in our BSN degree program, or our RN to BSN degree as a Full-Time (at least 12 credit hours) student, or our RN to BSN degree as a Part-Time (at least 6 credit hours) student?
- Are you currently serving in the US Armed Forces?
- Are you a veteran of the US Armed Forces?
- Disadvantaged background means an individual comes from an educationally/environmentally OR economically disadvantaged background. Educational Disadvantage. Graduated from low-performing high school, as determined by states Department of Education (i.e. high has low overall SAT/ACT score, low per capita funding, enrolled student eligible for free or reduced lunch, etc.). Enviromental Disadvantage. For example, but not limited to first-generation college student, etc. Economic Disadvantage. Family income below federal povery guidelines, as determinted by FAFSA data. Additional documentation may be requested to verify eligiblity.
- Are you a First Generation college student?
- 2020 Household family size
- 2020 Tax filing status
- 2020 Annual Household Income
- Can you be claimed as a dependent?
- 2020 Parental Annual Household Income
- Are you currently enrolled in the Loewenberg College of Nursing, in good academic standing, and received the RNs LEAD scholarship for the previous 2021-2022 academic year?
- Show 7 more
- Standard Question