International Merit Scholarship - Summer and Fall 2022
International Merit Scholarship – Summer and Fall 2022
The University of Memphis selectively awards competitive merit-based scholarships for newly admitted degree-seeking international undergraduate and graduate students on a J-1 or F-1 visa. The International Merit Scholarship supports the best and brightest international students, who join our cutting-edge programs and learn from our world-renowned faculty. We value scholarly achievement in our campus community and the International Merit Scholarship is designed to support international students at the University of Memphis. All scholarships are awarded for the academic year (fall and spring semesters only).
Students must meet at least one of the following criteria eligibility requirements as an incoming undergraduate:
- 25 ACT or 1200 SAT equivalent
- 3.25 U.S.A. equivalent High School GPA as determined by a credential evaluation agency (www.naces.org)
Students must meet at least one of the following criteria eligibility requirements as an incoming graduate:
- 310 GRE with at least 150 in GRE Verbal AND 150 in GRE Quantitative AND 2.5 AWA or equivalent GMAT scores.
- 3.25 U.S.A. equivalent undergraduate degree GPA as determined by a credential evaluation agency (www.naces.org) or relevant masters degree from an accredited and approved institution
Award amounts vary and cover the difference in cost of international and domestic non-Tennessee resident tuition rates. This scholarship cannot be combined with any other institutional scholarship/assistantship that support tuition and fees.
- To maintain this scholarship award eligibility undergraduate students must be continuously enrolled in full-time credit hours each fall and spring semester. Additionally, undergraduate students must earn a 2.75 UofM GPA or higher in the first two semesters and a 3.0 UofM GPA or higher for subsequent semesters. This scholarship is a four-year (eight semesters) renewable scholarship requiring recipients to take a minimum of 12 credit hours per semester.
- To maintain this scholarship award eligibility graduate students must be continuously enrolled in full-time credit hours each fall and spring semester. Additionally, graduate students must earn a 3.0 UofM GPA or higher every semester.
- Dual citizens and/or permanent residents are not eligible for this scholarship. This scholarship is for entering first-time applicants only. Continuing or enrolled students are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Student-athletes are subject to NCAA compliance.