Benjamin L. Hooks Chapter of the National Black Law Students Association Diversity Scholarship (Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law)
Recipient shall be enrolled at the University of Memphis and shall be:
A student who meets the diversity criteria for admission to the Tennessee Institute for Pre-Law Program or a successor diversity criteria adopted by the Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law.
A selection committee shall be appointed by the Dean of the Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law.
Scholarship recipients must meet at least one of the selection criteria listed below:
1. A first-generation college graduate
2. Foreign-born, or a first-generation U.S.
3. A graduate of a historically minority
4. Economically disadvantaged
5. Disabled; or
6. Racially or ethnically underrepresented