100 Club Scholarship (General I)
1. To be eligible applicants must be a present or retired Memphis or Shelby county Law Enforcement officer or Fire Department personnel or immediate family member.
Immediate family members of deceased law enforcement or fire department personnel are also eligible.
2. Immediate family members are defined as the law enforcement employee or firefighter, their spouse and children, both natural and adopted. Non-adopted stepchildren
will be eligible if they are under the age of 18 and reside in the same household as an eligible law enforcement employee or firefighter. Children over the age of 18
must reside in the same household as an eligible law enforcement officer or firefighter.
3. Law enforcement employee or firefighter must have 10 year service record if retired, or five years if still employed. Whether retired or not, there must be a minimum of
5 years service as a ‘first responder’ or equivalent capacity in the case of law enforcement where the law enforcement officer is an employee involved in the active
response to calls for law enforcement assistance, and in the case of firefighters, five years service as firefighter, EMT, or paramedic in a non administrative capacity.
The service periods must be years of full-time, commissioned service in a potentially life-threatening situation as part of your regular duties. Criteria must be verified by
HR office and have their official seal.
4. Sheriff’s Department deputy jailers and correction officers who meet the service time requirements criteria may be eligible.
5. No law enforcement officer or firefighter (including immediate family members) is eligible if officer or firefighter was terminated for misconduct or resigned because of
6. Recipients must be a high school graduate or a high school junior or senior on course to graduation at time of application.
7. Must maintain a 2.5 GPA to remain eligible for scholarship to be renewed for second semester.
8. Matching dollar amount given by the University of Memphis.
Requires Law Enforcement Officer or firefighter name, Law Enforcement Officer or firefighter address and telephone number, Requires Certification by Human
Resources Office of law enforcement/fire-fighter status indicated above.
Note: Non-renewable scholarship