InterContinental Hotels Group Scholarship (Wilson School)
1. be currently enrolled full-time at the University of Memphis
2. with a declared major in Hospitality and Tourism within the Kemmons Wilson School of Hospitality and Resort Management
3. be in good academic standing with a minimum 2.5 GPA and satisfactory completion of no less than 12 credit hours in the academic
4. complete the online application, in Tiger Scholarship Manager as directed, and providing all required documentation for consideration
and including the following:
a) A letter from the student stating why they are deserving of the scholarship, why they are interested in a career in hospitality/tourism,
describing their work experience and career plans.
b) A letter of recommendation from a Professor/Instructor or a current employer.
5. The recipients must agree to:
a) Maintain high ethical standards which embody the values of the SCH, IHG and the KWS.
b) Share certain personal and academic information with SCH / IHG for marketing and media purposes (newsletters, annual reports,
etc.), to include: recent high resolution digital photo and certain personal information including current U of M status (year of study)
c) Complete the development form and provide a letter of appreciation addressed and submitted to the donors via the annual report.
6. Special consideration will be given for students who have overcome obstacles such as socioeconomic or educational disadvantages.