Irvin Bogatin Social Justice Award (Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law) (DO NOT GO LIVE)
1. Is a graduating clinic student whose work demonstrates an understanding that the attorney’s role is one of service to the community by advancing the cause of social justice.
2. Acknowledges the human dignity of all clients and accordingly, treats all clients with respect.
3. Expresses sensitivity to the imbalance of power in society resulting from discrimination based on race, gender, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, and economic disadvantage.
4. Shows an awareness of the institutional nature of injustice and is willing to challenge and advocate for change of policies and practices of institutions that perpetuate injustice, including the legal system.
5. Understands the opportunity to use legal skills and the practice of law to advance the cause of social justice.
6. Fulfills the attorney’s responsibility to provide access to justice for low-income persons and persons of modest means through pro bono service and support of organizations that provide legal representation to persons of limited means.