Jackson-Madison County General Hospital Nursing Scholarship (Loewenberg College of Nursing)(Lambuth Campus)
Recipients shall be enrolled at the University of Memphis Lambuth campus and selected in accordance with the following criteria:
1. Scholarships shall be awarded to students admitted into the Loewenberg College of Nursing and pursuing a Bachelor of Science in
Nursing (BSN) or RN-BSN at the University of Memphis Lambuth campus.
2. Primary consideration shall be given for students residing of Jackson or Madison County, TN.
Secondary consideration shall be given to residents of the following counties in TN:Gibson, Henderson, Carroll, Chester, Hardeman,
Haywood and Crockett.
3. Preference shall be given to the following applicants in ranked order:
a. dependents, including but not limited to children and grandchildren, of current West Tennessee Healthcare (“WTH”) employees
b. dependents, including but not limited to children and grandchildren, of retired West Tennessee Healthcare (“WTH”) employees
c. dependents, including but not limited to children and grandchildren of West Tennessee Healthcare (“WTH”) volunteers
d. applicants without a current West Tennessee Healthcare (“WTH”) affiliation who meet all other criteria
4. Academic merit (GPA) and ACT score shall be considered by the selection committee if there is a need to narrow the candidate pool to a group of finalists for the award.
5. Applicants must submit a one page essay describing their commitment to the Jackson community and volunteerism, and provide any prior health care experience, accomplishments, and/or certifications. (ex. HOSA program participation; CNA experience, etc.)
6. Applicants must reapply each year and may receive the scholarship for a maximum of 5 consecutive semesters.