Adult Scholarship (Student Affairs)
The Adult Scholarship Program is designed to help adult students reach their educational goal of receiving their first Bachelors Degree. This highly competitive, scholarship is $5,500 per year for full-time students/$2,750 per year for part-time students and is awarded annually to a limited number of students. Students should apply for admission and be accepted as a degree seeking undergraduate student by March 1.
1. In-state and out-of-state undergraduate students are eligible.
2. Must be pursuing first undergraduate degree to be eligible.
3. Students must reach their 25th birthday by August 1st of application year.
4. Current students must have a 3.0 cumulative GPA and new students must meet Adult Admission requirements to be considered for selection.
5. Part-time students must complete a minimum of 6 hours and full-time students must complete a minimum of 12 hours per semester.
6. Preference given to students who do not already have a scholarship.
1. Renewable for up to eight full time or equivalent part-time semesters (dependent upon class level at the time the scholarship is awarded)
2. Minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
3. Completion of Service hours: 150 hours per academic year for full-time students and 75 hours per academic year
for part-time students. All service hours must be approved through the Adult and Commuter Student Services Office.
4. Become an active member of the Adult Student Association (ASA) prior to the start of Fall classes. Contact the ASA at 678-2644 for details.
5. Actively participate in the Adult Scholarship Mentoring Program during your first year on the scholarship.
Note: Some recipients may be eligible for only one semester.